Department for External Economic and International Relations of the Moscow Government
Adr: 125032, Moscow, Tverskaya Str., 13
Tel: +7 (495) 633 68 66
Fax: +7 (495) 633 68 65
Sergei Cheryomin – Moscow Government Minister and the Head of the Department for external economic and international relations of Moscow.
About The Department
The Government of Moscow heads the system of executive authorities of Moscow including sectoral and functional bodies of the executive power, exercising executive and administrative functions in particular sectors and domains of city management, as well as territorial bodies of the executive power administrating locally, i.e. prefectures of administrative divisions and district councils.
The Department for External Economic and International Relations of Moscow acts as the body of the executive power which centralizes the city's relationships with foreign partners. The field of action covers all domains connected with foreign investors' activity in Moscow, from the initial search of a suitable business platform, supporting the project and protecting the investors' lawful interests and rights up to legalizing the legal acts of the Government of Moscow.
The Department performs the following functions:
- Implementation of system approach with respect to the initiation and support of the projects involving foreign capitals
- Protection of foreign investments by providing information and legal support to investors, and by assisting in settling of disputable and conflict situations with authorities
- Monitoring of international economic situation in order to define the optimal terms and parameters for national loans in the world financial markets, and carrying out the work relating to attributing and maintaining international credit ratings
- Ensuring the public transparence of investment activity and organizing exhibition and congress activity
- Developing international cooperation and supporting compatriots abroad
- Developing the Moscow city as an international financial center